Since of course there's no way I'm letting this chicken hatching opportunity pass us by without some reading involved, we have checked out several books from our local library.
Some are better than others, but hopefully at the end of this process, my children will be able to tell you exactly how a chicken is develops from egg to chick.
Here are the library books we currently have checked out:
Chickens by Lundgren, Julie K.
Egg to chick by Selsam, Millicent Ellis
First the egg by Seeger, Laura Vaccaro
Five little chicks by Tafuri, Nancy
Chickens aren't the only ones by Heller, Ruth
Chicky chicky chook chook by MacLennan, Cathy
These are, of course, just our chicken books. I doubt you'd want to see the litany of other books we check out from the library.
We will read several more books about chicken/eggs/hatching before it is all said and done, but this is a fun place to start!
When I told my sweet big girl that we were going to the library tonight she said "Let me guess, chicken books.".
What is not listed is all my books on how to keep/raise/build coops for chickens. Still trying to convince my sweet hubby. I'll keep on trying...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Feel free to comment, I'd love to hear from you!