Sunday, June 19, 2011

Camping....with a toddler

We decided to give it another go. It had been a year. You forget a lot of things over the course of a year. Only the pleasant memories remain, so that's what you think is going to happen again.

And thankfully, it does. Our family loves to camp. At this time, we have a very nice tent that holds us and all our stuff perfectly. I do hope to someday get some sort of RV because let's face it - I love being on the go and I love the comforts of home. Because of our location, we'd have to pay for RV parking which is a ridiculous fee around here. It's simply not worth it - even as much as I want one, I totally agree with the hubby on this point.

Anyway, we had a great time. I'm sure in a year we'll forget how much work it is to set up the tent (it's a biggie - 10 person), how much work it is cooking for our family with limited space (it's better with my camping kitchen), and what a pain it is to take kids potty in the middle of the night.

We'll just remember the kids enjoying and being creative with nature, hiking, birds, squirrels, campfires, s'mores and spending time together as a family.

I'm also sure we'll never forget the EMTs coming to our campsite when our littlest biscuit decided she'd get into mommy's medicine. She enjoyed the ambulance ride a little too much and was sorely disappointed when she had to come home in the van. Thankfully, she was just fine, but needless to say she gave us quite a scare.

We did take a camera with us, but we were having too much fun to stop and take pictures! Next time! (I'm pretty sure I said that last time.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, I'd love to hear from you!