Well, nobody hatched.
I took the eggs into the feed store today and returned the incubator. She poked holes in the tops of almost all the eggs and there were bodies, so they were fertile, just not sure why they didn't come all the way out.
We also picked up some baby chicks - 3 to be exact. When I got home and got them into our brooder (i.e. Fuji apple box and heat lamp), we had a lot of fun watching them run around and check things out.
The kids named them - Whitey (all white chick) is Sarah Beth's. She also called it Sarah Sponda. JoJo is Nathan's chick. Abigail started to name hers Pecker but finally decided on Scratcher - Scratch for short. I explained to her that people might think it was a woodpecker instead of a chicken and that seemed to do it.
I'm going to try the process again. I don't like failure really, so I figured that we'd give it another go and see what happens. I plan to get more eggs from a different source and a different incubator (same feed store) to see if it makes a difference.
I'll try to post more on this, but since any action is almost 1 month away, I'm focusing on other things.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Feel free to comment, I'd love to hear from you!