Tuesday, March 9, 2010

So what was I going to say?

It seems like I have so many thought during the day but at night when the kids are all finally tucked into bed, they evaporate just like my energy. I was rather amused today when I was drafting some recruiting strategies for a university model school (homeschool/regular school) and I was having a flashback to my old HR/Recruiting days. Of course, that was quickly put on the back burner as I needed to clean up the tee tee, wipe banana off the baby and help my son get out the game he wanted to play.

Right now my life seems less than glamourous, and quite frankly, it is MUCH less than glamorous, but really, I wouldn't trade it. Every time I just want to scream, I'm quick to remember that these three precious children will be up and grown all too quickly. Then, I can do things for me. Then, I can keep a kitchen floor clean for more than 37.2 seconds. Then, it will finally be quiet. I guess I'm old enough now to realize that when "then" finally gets here, I'll be thinking about the good old days. I'm living the good old days.

We had a good day in our little homeschool. My son is showing great interest in reading and we're on lesson 24 of TYCTR and he really seems to be taking to it. This did not work out so well for my daughter and we abandoned it about half way through. In our family, it has worked best for those who like structure and routine.

My daughter is doing well with her lessons and was very excited to weave a pot holder on a little loom. She's so proud of this and I'm proud of her too. The baby is just beginning to switch her nap schedule, so we are trying to juggle school around naps. Gets interesting.

My husband's business has been slow, but we are seeing some signs of improvement. We trust wholly in God and we realize that we are abundantly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, I'd love to hear from you!