Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Do's and Don't's of Fasting

Well, during the 40 days of prayer and fasting at our church, I decided to follow a program the Lord's Table Bible Study. During this time, I'll be fasting at least 1 time per week. I think I'm on my 3rd fasting day (not in a row) and I've learned a few things. Being as I am very forgetful, I thought I'd better write them down. I expect to be adding things to this post each week. So here goes:

1. Thou shalt put wonderful smelling food on to cook in the crock pot when you will be home on a fasting day.
2. Thou shalt not sign up to bake cookies on a fasting day.
3. Thou shalt not forget to feed your children on a fasting day.
4. Thou shalt not get into deep discussions with your spouse on trivial matters on a fasting day (especially if he is fasting that day too).
5. Thou shalt not make jam or cook anything that needs to be taste tested on a fasting day.
6. Thou shall remember to drink lots of water.
7. Thou shall remember to spend time in prayer and reading your Bible.


That's it for now, but I'm sure more will come to mind. I'm thankful for the gift of a Savior. I'm thankful that fasting is a choice and we don't have to go hungry every day. I'm thankful that God is calling me to a more disciplined life and He's starting with something very close to my heart - food.

Life is good and we are blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, I'd love to hear from you!