I was going through a box of trims and other sewing items that was given to me by my mother. In it was an adorable little package of white bias tape with a black crocheted edge - so tiny and sweet. I was thinking of how lovely this would look on a fancy baby bib. I was looking at the packaging more and saw a little blurb on the back
Does your child sew?
Send 3 labels and 15 cents to cover the postage and handling for a generous package of clippings of Wright's Trims suitable for trimming doll's clothes. Include your zip code.
There are so many things that I find adorable about this. First of all, the fact that children used to learn how to sew. Second, of course, the fact that they gave it away to loyal customers. And third, they needed to remind you to include your zip code.
Some days, I feel like I long for a time I never really knew. I would love to have a more simple life, but it seems that these are not simple times. In fact, the only way I can think of to truly escape the craziness is to move way out in the middle of nowhere. I'm thankful for all the progress that humans have made, I know I benefit from progress daily. I guess I wish it didn't come with such a hefty price tag: loss of true face-to-face relationships and focusing so much on the outside world instead of our homes.
I'm thankful God is still working on me and I pray He never stops. This is Good Friday and I can't help but think about what God gave up for me. What will I give up for my family? Personal space, private time, putting those craft projects aside, cleaning when I'd rather be FBing. Focus today on your salvation and the price that was paid. If you are unsure of your salvation, I would encourage you to find a Bible, read the book of John, and find someone who seems to have a happiness about them that can not always be explained. You can experience the most amazing gift - and it's waiting for you today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Feel free to comment, I'd love to hear from you!