Monday, November 7, 2011

Our first attempt in a while...

I took the kids to Disneyland with out the hubby. First time in probably around 1 year since I'd done that (swearing I'd never do it again). Well having and 8 year old certainly makes a difference. They let the 8 & 7 year olds ride together and then the little one and I can ride together. Made a HUGE difference in our overall "experience". (If you didn't know it already, using the word "experience" is mandatory when at Disney.)

We were working on the habit of Follwing Directions and the kids did a great job. Considering that only a few short weeks earlier, I'd lost my sweet boy more than once in the crowds, I'm happy to report that he stayed within my sight at all times. It's possible that the threat of having to ride in the stroller motivated him, but I know that he is working on it.

It was a great evening. No pictures, no autograph lines, just us on our own schedule, doing what we wanted to do. It was nice.


And as an added bonus, my sweet husband had purchased a little thermos. I put hot tea in it before we left and even 6 hours later, it was still so piping hot I had to blow it for a while before I could take a sip. That was a super nice treat on a chilly evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, I'd love to hear from you!