Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Well....

We've had a small setback in the department of chicken hatching....specifically the case of the missing chicken eggs.

My contact at the farmer's market sold both dozen to someone else before I got there. The feed store where we are renting the incubator did not have the eggs either. So we've got the incubator, but no eggs. It's not a big deal since school is almost out, they'll let me keep the incubator for a little longer than just the 21 days. They say 5 days after hatching they'd like it back.

So plan B is to get the incubator warming up tomorrow, go pick up the eggs from the feed store and meet up with my farmer's market gal on Saturday in Orange.

Let's hope things work out well. I've got someone who would like to keep a chick or two, and of course that got me thinking. Maybe I could sell them and recoup my costs. Hmmmm.... we'll see....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, I'd love to hear from you!